One should not tolerate dirty and smelly air in one’s house, and GermGuardian knows this. The AC4825 is a 3-in-1 air cleaning system that was specifically designed to ensure that the air in your room is free from various contaminants, so that everyone breathes free!
This system uses UV-C, HEPA, and odor reduction mechanisms to free the air that you inhale from dust, allergens, some of which causing bad smell.
How does the AC4825 work? This superposition of filters (UV-C, HEPA) is highly effective filtration mechanisms that ensure that the air discharged into your house is clean and fresh.
It is engineered to transform your room into a comfortable environment, for an affordable, less-than-$100, ticket. But with no further ado, let’s get technical, here, with our review!
Description and information
The GermGuardian AC4825 comes in a neat, 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches box, and as is plug-and-play as its gets : its very intuitive start is a big plus.
This unit is designed to remove allergens from the air that it discharges. According to the manufacturer, this air cleaning system is capable of capturing 99.97% of airborne pollutants. How can such a claim be supported? Well, the unit superposes different layers of protection :
- true HEPA filtration mechanism that is ideal for capturing plant pollens, spores, pet dander, and dust mites to name a few.
- UV light is suitable for killing airborne viruses and bacteria. The AC4825 features a UV based mechanism that kills viruses, bacteria, and other germs. Thanks to this layers, this unit effectively eliminates rhinovirus, streptococcus, and E. coli to make the air in your room germ-free. The UV-C light destroys these disease causing microorganisms with a smart, energy-saving mechanism.
- Odor Reduction stands. Pets and routine house activities can be sources of odor. Unless you reduce this bad smell, it can make the environment in your room unpleasant. The AC4825 is designed to reduce bad smell from your room to create a fresh environment. This system utilizes a carbon filter to remove odor and smoke particles from your room.
So, besides air purity, what else, you might ask? Well, it is always important to consider the noise level of an air purifier before purchasing it. Noisy systems can create disturbance and make your house unlivable.
Thankfully, we were glad to note that its low-operation modewas designed to run quietly, which is it an ideal system for use in most parts of your house including living rooms and bedrooms. When on high, it is not unlivable, but one should better not have to work close to it.
For the sake of durability, we liked the fact that the UV-C bulb and filters are replaceable parts. This air cleaner has an indicator light that alerts you to replace these parts. You don’t need to mark the replacement dates on your calendar or set a reminder in your phone. Replacing the filter and the UV-C bulb at the right time will enable the system to serve its purpose in an effective way.
Systems that consume more energy than it is necessary can significantly increase your overall energy consumption. This air cleaning unit is designed to consume minimum energy and it is therefore efficient.
Its impressive CADR/Watt ratio has earned it the ENERGY STAR qualification. A product qualifies for ENERGY STAR after meeting the guidelines set by EPA. Bottom line : in the long run, you pay less. This energy efficient system minds your budget and it will not cause your electricity bill to shoot in an abnormal way.
A large room requires an air cleaning system that has a high suction capacity and vice versa. This 22-inch model is designed for small and medium rooms. For such rooms, this unit delivers impressive performance making your house a comfortable place with clean and fresh air.
Finally, this air cleaner is compact in design and weighs 7 pounds. It measures 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 (inches), which can make it ideal to clean the air of small rooms, apartments or closets.
|Purification Technology||True HEPA|
|Captures airborne particles up to… (in microns)||0.3 microns|
|Recommended Room Size||155 sq. ft.|
|Noise level (in dB)||-|
|Cord Length (in ft)||6'|
|Power (in W)||62 W|
|Energy rating||Energy Start / CADR 100+|
|Remote control ?|
|Dimensions||7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches|
- Highly effective. This unis eliminates most of the contaminants in the air. Its 3-in-1 filter design enables it to remove particles, germs, and odor from the air.
- Quiet operation. Although this unit produces some sound, it is tolerable and not disturbing. You can comfortably sleep with this unit running in your bedroom if you set it to low operation.
- Unsuitable for large rooms. This system is ideal for small rooms only. Their air cleaning effectiveness is lower when the unit is employed in relatively large rooms.
- Plastic smell. A good fraction of users have pointed out that the system produces an unpleasant “plastic” smell. Such users feel that a system designed to clean and freshen air should not be producing any smell.
The GermGuardian AC4825 is a highly effective air cleaning system that is ideal for relatively small rooms. This system employs a variety of mechanisms to ensure that various types of contaminates are eliminated before they reach your nostrils.
It is optimized to provide your room with clean and fresh air that is free from dust particles, fungi, mold, smoke, odor, viruses, pollen, and bacteria to mention a few.
In spite of its relatively small reach and the occasional plastic smell that one can feel in the early days of its uses, we are quite satisfied with our tests and recommend it.
Our rating :
|→ Buy now : GermGuardian AC4825 on Amazon.com (free shipping)|